Lucas becomes TRW Automotive
Lucas was taken over by TRW Automotive in 1999. The company now operates worldwide under the name "TRW Automotive".
The roots of TRW Automotive stretch back all the way to the beginning of the 20th Century. TRW, founded in 1901, can look back on a long history of success in the development and introduction of advanced technologies. After its many years developing hydraulic brakes, valve products and electronics, TRW is now a byword for technological highlights in the automotive industry.
Since 1996, TRW has been the global market leader in safety belts, airbags and steering wheel systems. Following the takeover of Lucas in 1999, the new company can develop into one of the world's leading suppliers of chassis systems, anti-lock systems, traction control and vehicle stability systems.
In 2003, TRW Automotive becomes part of the Blackstone Group, giving it the necessary independence to extend its leading global role in the development of vehicle dynamics, brake systems, airbags, safety belts, steering, and electronics. Today, TRW Automotive has 63,000 employees worldwide, at more than 200 locations in 25 countries.
Under the "Lucas" name, ambitious motorcyclists have been able to buy brake pads in asbestos-free quality in more than 12 different combinations since 1980. This Lucas product developed into one of the leading brands in Germany in just a few years. In addition to a wide range of motorcycle brake and clutch components, the Neuwied distribution centre also supplies all kinds of high-quality motorcycle accessories.
Despite the change of name, the trusted values that drive every TRW employee worldwide have never changed: Innovation, safety and outstanding service.
Lucas is now TRW